Henry Breeding Farm Rental Information Sheet
- The rental time begins at 8am and ends at midnight.
- The fire marshal has established the maximum capacity for the barn to be 200 people. If you expect more than 200 people, an additional tent must be rented.
- We have (25) 6 foot tables available and 175 folding chairs. They are available at no charge. You may choose to bring in other chairs and tables but they must be picked up and dropped off during your rental time.
- We do NOT have linens, china or glassware.
- The barn is neither heated nor air conditioned.
- The barn has a colony of Indiana Brown Bats, and they may be out during the evening. If you decorate the evening before, please cover your tables with a plastic drop cloth.
- Restrooms are located off the garage of the farm house. We do NOT allow rental of the house.
- The barn has plenty of electrical outlets.
- You may use any decorations, but there can NOT be lighted candles in the barn.
- Rental fee for the day is $1800. If you wish to use the facility the day before or after, there is an additional fee of $650 per half day or $1000 for the full day. The rental fee covers the barn and outside areas only.
- There is a $400 returnable deposit to reserve the facility. This is refunded after the event if all is as clean as you found it, and your contract is in order.
- You may use the caterer of your choice. Our kitchen in the barn has been remodeled and has a stove, refrigerator, microwave, and running water. We also have trash pickup, so you do not have to haul away trash. Your trash must be taken to the dumpster to have your deposit returned.
- Renters must purchase liability insurance of $1 million. (You can add that as a rider to your renter’s or homeowner’s insurance.)
- If alcohol is to be served, there must be a licensed bar tender on premises.
- If you choose to cancel the event, 50% of the rental fee and 50% of the deposit will be returned up to 3 months prior to the event. Any cancellation within 3 months will result in forfeiture of the total fee and deposit.
To set up an appointment to see the barn, call 812-526-0000 and leave a message. For any other questions, please call 812-372-3541.